Mild Steel Welding Electrodes ( Non ISI )
- Quiet, soft and steady arc with easy strike and restrike.
- Removal of cold slag is practically automatic.
- The electrode provides excellent performance on A.C. as well as D.C. (+/-)
- Weld metal transfer uniform with fine ripples and smooth shining bead.
- Ideal electrode for all welding positions.
Ideally suited for welding mild steel, structural steels, steel furnitures, truck bodies, window frames and grills, storage tanks, machineries, construction, auto parts, bridges, wagons, shiphulls, barges rail coaches, building structures, vessels, agricultural implements and tanks etc.
- Store electrodes in dry place.
- For best results re dry electrodes at 80o C for half an hour.
- To get sound properties use short arc.
- Parent metal should be free from rust, oil, grease and moisture to avoid cracking of weld.
- Avoid moist or greasy handling of electrodes.
WELD METAL COMPOSITION (%)
|RANGE||Max 0.1||0.35 – 0.60||0.20 – 0.35||Max 0.035||Max 0.04|
AC or DC(+/-)
A medium coated, rutile type electrode, for general purpose welding of structural steels, it is suitable for all welding positions including verticle downwards. The electrode produces a smooth clean deposit with very little spatter and the slag is easy to remove. The weld metal is soft, ductile and defect free, provide sound mechanical properties.